- Set the ilo 4 Security Override Switch on the system board to the ON position. The location of the switch is printed on a label located on the inside of the server blade hood cover. On the same maintenance switch, set switch number 3 to the ON position.
- Download the Smart Update Firmware Maintenance DVD version 9.10 B and later.
- Create a bootable USB key containing the contents of the Smart Update Firmware DVD.
- Download the desired version of the ilo 4 firmware smart component for Linux (cp0xxxxx.scexe where xxxxx is an appropriate 5 digit number).
- Copy the downloaded ilo 4 firmware to the directory /hp/swpackages on the USB key.
- Put the server blade back into the enclosure and power the server blade ON. Boot to the USB key containing the Smart Update Firmware DVD and select interactive firmware update.
- Use the following key sequence to exit out of the Smart Update Firmware Maintenance DVD interface. A command prompt will be displayed:
CTRL + ALT + d + b + x (Keep the CTRL and ALT keys pressed when typing d b x. )
The command prompt takes approximately 30 seconds to be displayed.
- At the command prompt, navigate to the Smart Update Firmware DVD directory containing the supplemental ilo 4 firmware update by using the following command:
bash-3.1# cd /mnt/cdrom/hp/swpackages
- Use the following command to unload the HPILO module:
- Use the following command to execute the ilo 4 firmware update in direct mode:
sh cp0xxxxx.scexe – – direct (This parameter requires two dash ( ) characters.).
- After the ilo 4 firmware upgrade is completed, power the server blade OFF and set the ilo 4 Security Override Switch on the system board to the OFF position. On the same maintenance switch, set switch number 3 to the OFF position